Sunday, November 2, 2008

The Proposal

The month of July 2008 I spent in Hawaii with work. Matt was invited to join us and came the last week. We had a sweet reunion after three weeks apart... Sunday, July 27, 2008 Matt knocked to wake me up for a hike to see the sunrise. On the top of a small mountain we watched the sun come up over the ocean. We had a deep and blessed conversation. It was lovely.



We hiked back to the house and Matt surprised me with a sweet breakfast on the beach, he left nothing out! He gave me a photo album of the last two years of dating. I took a while perusing my new gift, having no clue that Matt had another treat burning in his pocket :)



I read a sweet note he left for me in the album, where he wrote for the first time ever those three little words "I love you!" When those words came I knew a ring was next, since that was our agreement surrounding those powerful words. As I looked up, Matt was on his knee holding the ring before me... He said, "Jill, I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I love you! Will you marry me?!" I answered him with a kiss and "Yes, Yes, Forever, Yes!"


Because Matt had made sure to ask me in the morning we were able to talk to our family (given the 3 hour time difference for my family and 6 hour time difference for his.) He is very thoughtful! :)

No comments: